Bake Parent to Drawings
Bake selected drawing’s parent transformations to the drawing for the selected duration of frames.
The script creates new cel on each selected cel, copies the entire cel in the camera view,
disconnects the drawing from its parent, and finally pastes the cel again in the camera view.
This script DOES NOT bake deformations. To achieve that, use Harmony’s official command instead:
Animation > Deformation > Convert Deformed Drawing to Drawings
- v1.1 – Now it also bakes embedded pivot positions.
- v1.3 – Added dialog to choose frame range options. Now we can chose to bake only frames when parent peg or drawing of the selected drawing has keys.
- v1.4 – Now we can chose to bake frames at start of each drawing substituition.
- v1.5 – On Harmony 16 and up, having “Apply to All Frames” button turned on will no longer cause an issue.
- Download and Unarchive the zip file.
- Locate to your user scripts folder (a hidden folder) for the version of your Harmony.
- Add all unzipped files ( *.js and script-icons folder ) directly to the folder above.
- Add ANM_Bake_Parent_To_Drawings to any toolbars.
- Make sure to keep “Single Drawing Selection Mode” toggled on Tool Properties, otherwise this script may accidentally select and delete drawings on excluded drawing nodes.
- In Timeline view, select cels (drawing frames) of a drawing node you want to bake its parent transformations to.